Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Commercial Applications for Nanoscale Sol Gel Coatings" report to their offering.
Commercial Applications for Nanoscale Sol Gel Coatings looks at technology providers commercialising nanoscale sol gel coatings, one of the more mature areas of nanotechnology.
Coatings types and applications featured in this report include:
- Glass: easy-to-clean on glassware and ceramics, windows and glass panels, solar cells, shower cubicles, mirrors.
- Medicine and medical technology: catheters, hygiene surfaces, soft cleaning tissues.
- Consumer goods: synthetic glazing, diver's and swimming goggles, motorbike windshields, helmet visors, ski goggles.
- Construction: Outdoor surfaces, which are exposed to the elements such as self-cleaning facades (concrete, plastic, metal or painted surfaces), windows, doors and gates.
- Household: kitchen, furniture, lights and door handles, music equipment. Antibacterial cleaning and sealing for cookware. Sanitary equipment such as tiles, bath-tubs, shower bath, washbasin, armature made of stainless steel and chromium, shower cabinets, toilet seat.
- Automobiles: head lights, windows, improved visibility in the rain, and a significantly easier removal of dirt and ice.