Jul 8 2010
Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue: Nanotechnology in Healthcare: Market outlook for applications, tools and materials, and 40 company profiles.
The advent of healthcare nanotechnology has had a vast impact in the fields of drug delivery and diagnostics. The role of nanotechnology in healthcare is very important in terms of eradicating diseases, especially in terms of treating cancer. Advanced technological developments in coatings and implants using nanotechnology is expected to increase the scope of the market in various applications.
This report covers different regional application markets, while evaluating them over the next five years. It provides information about the largest regional markets and factors influencing them, while defining the opportunities they present.
Key features of this report
- Provides an analysis of market data (revenues) of healthcare nanotechnology applications in North America, Europe, Asia and Rest of World that includes Middle East, Africa, Russia, Latin America and Australia.
- Studies key market drivers and restraints for the main market and evaluation of respective sub segments with respect to market dynamics.
- Discusses drug delivery and formulations, biocompatible implants, regenerative medicine and wound care and diagnostics under the applications market along with related sub segments.
Scope of this report
- Understanding the existing and emerging applications of healthcare nanotechnology and their relative and forecast market sizes
- Understanding the product/technological developments on which the companies are focusing for their growth.
- Understanding the different nanotechnology based tools and their importance in the development of new products and applications
Key Market Issues
- Nanotechnology initiatives by developing countries are helping in the development of new products and applications.
- The delay in commercialization due to strict regulations and manufacturing difficulties is inhibiting product reach.
- Stability of nanoparticles inside the biological tissues is an important issue to be considered to reduce contamination by drugs.
- The development of biodegradable nanostructures will be a growth driver in future since they eliminate the issue of excretion.
Key findings from this report
- The healthcare nanotechnology market growth is largest in North America, at $4.75bn in 2009, followed by Europe at $3.65.
- The nanotechnology drug delivery market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 21.7% for the period 2009-14, to reach almost $16bn by 2014.
- Biocompatible implants and coatings and diagnostics comprise some of the major applications which are estimated to experience high growth between 2009 and 2014, 42% and 21.8% respectively.
Key questions answered
- What are the important healthcare nanotechnology markets and their growth over the period 2009-14?
- What are the major applications that have emerged in different areas such as drug formulations and delivery, biocompatible implants and coatings, regenerative medicines and wound care and diagnostics?
- In which areas are the companies focusing while forming strategic alliances with other industry players?
Abraxis BioSciences, AstraZeneca, Capsulution Nanoscience AG, Do-Coop, Elan Corporation, J.R. Nanotech, Liquidia Technologies, Merck KGaA, Novartis, Pioneer Surgical, Smith & Nephew, Star Pharma and Wyeth Pharmaceutical.