Nov 30 2010
Research and Markets has announced the addition of John Wiley and Sons Ltd's new report "Organelle-Specific Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology" to their offering.
This book introduces and discusses the latest in biomedical research--Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology applied at the sub-cellular level.
About the Authors:
Volkmar Weissig, ScD, PhD, is Associate Professor of Pharmacology at Midwestern University in Glendale, Arizona. He has been actively pioneering mitochondrial pharmaceutics for the last decade. The holder of sixteen patents and author of more than eighty research papers, review articles, and book chapters, Dr. Weissig serves as Associate Editor of the Journal of Liposome Research and is the member of several other editorial boards. He is an active member of the International Liposome Society, the Mitochondria Research Society, the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, and the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
Gerard G.M. D'Souza, PhD, is Assistant Professor of Pharmaceutics at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences in Boston. He has coauthored more than twenty peer-reviewed publications in the fields of pharmaceutical nanotechnology and mitochondrial pharmaceutics. Dr. D'Souza is a member of the editorial board for the Journal Drug Delivery and serves as a peer reviewer for several journals in the field of drug delivery.
Key Topics Covered:
- An Introduction to Subcellular Nanomedicine: Current Trends and Future Developments (Gerard G. M. DSouza and Volkmar Weissig).
- Delivery of Nanonsensors to Measure the Intracellular Environment (Paul G. Coupland and Jonathan W. Aylott).
- Cytoplasmic Diffi usion of Dendrimers and Dendriplexes (Alexander T. Florence and Pakatip Ruenraroengsak).
- Endocytosis and Intracellular Trafficking of Quantum Dot-Ligand Bioconjugates (Tore-Geir Iversen, Nadine Frerker, and Kirsten Sandvig).
- Synthesis of Metal Nanoparticle-Based Intracellular Biosensors and Therapeutic Agents (Neil Bricklebank).
- Subcellular Fate of Nanodelivery Systems (Dusica Maysinger, Sebastien Boridy, and Eliza Hutter).
- Intracellular Fate of Plasmid DNA Polyplexes (Kevin Maier and Ernst Wagner).
- Intracellular Trafficking of Membrane Receptor-Mediated Uptake of Carbon Nanotubes (Bin Kang and Yaodong Dai).
- Real-Time Particle Tracking for Studying Intracellular Transport of Nanotherapeutics (Clive Chen and Junghae Suh).
- Tracking Intracellular Polymer Localization Via Fluorescence Microscopy (Simon C. W. Richardson).
- Can QSAR Models Describing Small-Molecule Xenobiotics Give Useful Tips for Predicting Uptake and Localization of Nanoparticles in Living Cells? And If Not, Why Not? (Richard W. Horobin).
- Self-Unpacking Gene Delivery Scaffolds (Millicent O. Sullivan).
- Cellular Trafficking of Dendrimers (Yunus Emre Kurtoglu and Rangaramanujam M. Kannan).
- Endolysosomolytically Active pH-Sensitive Polymeric Nanotechnology (Han Chang Kang and You Han Bae).
- Uptake and Intracellular Dynamics of Proteins Internalized by Cell-Penetrating Peptides (Arwyn T. Jones).
- Cargo Transport by Teams of Molecular Motors: Basic Mechanisms for Intracellular Drug Delivery (Melanie J. I. Mller, Florian Berger, Stegan Klumpp, and Reinhard Lipowsky).
- The Potential of Photochemical Internalization (PCI) for the Cytosolic Delivery of Nanomedicines (Kristian Berg, Anette Weyergang, Anders Hgset, and Pl Kristian Selbo).
- Peptide-Based Nanocarriers for Intracellular Delivery of Biologically Active Proteins (Seong Loong Lo and Shu Wang).
- Organelle-Specific Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology: Active Cellular Transport of Submicro- and Nanoscale Particles (Galya Orr).
- Subcellular Targeting of Virus-Envelope-Coated Nanoparticles (Jia Wang, Mohammad F. Saeed, Andrey A. Kolokoltsov, and Robert A. Davey).
- Mitochondria-Targeted Pharmaceutical Nanocarriers (Volkmar Weissig and Gerard G.M. DSouza).
- Cell-Penetrating Peptides for Cytosolic Delivery of Biomacromolecules (Camilla Foged, Xiaona Jing, and Hanne Moerck Nielsen).
- Therapeutic Nano-object Delivery to Subdomains of Cardiac Myocytes (Valeriy Lukyanenko).
- Design Parameters Modulating Intracellular Drug Delivery: Anchoring to Specific Cellular Epitopes, Carrier Geometry, and Use of Auxiliary Pharmacological Agents (Silvia Muro and Vladimir R. Muzykantov).
- Uptake Pathways Dependent Intracellular Trafficking of DNA Carrying Nanodelivery Systems (Ikramy A. Khalil, Yuma Yamada, Hidetaka Akita, and Hideyoshi Harashima).
- Cellular Interactions of Plasmon-Resonant Gold Nanorods (Qingshan Wei and Alexander Wei).
- Quantum Dot Labeling for Assessment of Intracellular Trafficking of Therapeutically Active Molecules (Diane J. Burgess and Mamta Kapoor).