Semblant today announced global leading printed circuit board (PCB) fabricator Tripod Technology Corporation has selected the Semblant Plasma Finish (SPF) and ProVIA system to meet customer demands for high-volume PCB surface finish advancements.
Tripod’s industry leading OEM customers include market leaders in consumer electronics, computing and automotive companies. Tripod’s customers will benefit from the SPF’s high-volume capabilities, unmatched corrosion protection against creep corrosion and environmental pollutants, extended PCB shelf life, flux containment technology for clean by design PCBs and improved RF performance.
- Ranked as a top-ten worldwide PCB fabricator, Tripod’s industry leading OEM customers include Samsung, Seagate, Western Digital, HP and Motorola. Tripod will install Semblant’s SPF ProVIA machine in its high-volume Wuxi China facility.
- The SPF ProVIA is designed for high-volume production. Its unique design minimizes operating expenses, including precursor gas, floor space and power consumption.
- The SPF process delivers industry leading protection against corrosion. Unlike other finishes, SPF can be applied to any metal finish including copper, silver, or gold, enhancing the properties of the underlying metal or eliminating its associated shortcomings altogether. It can prevent tarnishing and inhibit corrosion in silver. SPF on copper maximizes PCB cost-performance and can replace expensive and hazardous metal plating processes.
- SPF has achieved global adoption through its SPF premier partner program, which connects corrosion protection and RF performance benefits with PCB fabs that produce PCBs for OEMs in high-reliability or high-volume product segments. The program facilitates quick-turn evaluation, prototyping and production for high-reliability military-aerospace, industrial, automotive, medical, consumer electronic, networking and computing OEMs. Tripod joins current premier partners including Stevenage Circuits and K&F Electronics.
Eric Ho, Tripod Technology Corporation Vice President of Sales
- “Semblant’s SPF process provides our OEM customers a solid advancement in PCB protection. We pride ourselves in offering industry leading technologies to address the growing needs for improved reliability and environmental protection. Semblant’s plasma process provides these capabilities while maintaining the necessary cost structure for high-volume manufacturing. Staying abreast with the latest technological advancement and access to Semblant’s SPF product allows our clients to replace expensive precious metal finishes with Semblant’s plasma finish for best-in-class in-field reliability.”
Steve Lowder, Semblant CEO
- “We are excited to announce Tripod’s adoption of the SPF process for its high volume customers. Tripod is clearly leading the industry in advancing PCB finish technologies for its customers in need of high-reliability solutions to improve field life and prevent corrosion problems.”
Steve McClure, Semblant Vice President of Worldwide Sales and Marketing
- “OEMs look to Tripod for cutting-edge and industry-leading technology. We are proud to welcome them as a premier partner in our successful and growing SPF partner program.