Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "The Global Market for Nanocellulose To 2020" report to their offering.
The commercial development of nanocellulose over the last few years has mainly been driven by the ever-increasing prices of petroleum and the high-energy intensity in production of chemicals and synthetic polymers. Today there is a substantial amount of research on nanostructured cellulose, and commercial development is now underway with some very promising applications. Utilizing the appropriate conversion and extraction technologies as well as modification and characterization, nanocrystalline cellulose (NCC), micro/nanofibrillar cellulose (MFC/NFC) and bacterial cellulose (BC) can be integrated into bio-based products.
Their use in novel materials and various applications potentially has substantial environmental and economic benefits. Nanocellulose can be produced from several raw materials and applying various pre-treatments and has great potential as a strength enhancer in paper, as additives in composites, in emulsions, as oxygen barriers for food packaging and in biomedical devices.
Nanocellulose is also being developed for novel use in applications ranging from scaffolds in tissue engineering, artificial skin and cartilage, wound healing and vessel substitutes to biodegradable food packaging. Applications in polymer reinforcement and anti-microbial films will be hitting the market soon. FP Innovations estimates the market to be worth $250 million in North America by 2020.
This fully updated and revised report includes:
- Technology description and production methods
- Market structure, supply chain, patenting and publications
- Production volumes, total, forecasted and by producer
- Markets for nanocellulose, including composites, electronics, construction, paper and pulp, filtration, medicine and life sciences, paints, films, coatings, rheological modifiers, aerogels and oil industry
- Commercialization timelines to 2020, by market
- Producer, research centre and application developer profiles
Key Topics Covered:
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. PRODUCTION METHODS
5. REGULATIONS & STANDARDS
6. PRODUCTION VOLUMES
7. GRAPHENE MARKET SUPPLY CHAIN
9. PAPER & PULP
11. COATINGS & FILMS
12. RHEOLOGY MODIFIERS
13. OTHER APPLICATIONS
15. RESEARCH CENTRES
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kfhsbm/the_global_market