Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Particle Size Analysis Market by Technology, Industry & End User - Global Forecasts to 2018" report to their offering.
On the basis of technology, the global particle size analysis market has been divided into six major segments, namely, laser diffraction, dynamic light scattering (DLS), imaging, the Coulter Principle, nanoparticle tracking analysis (NTA), and others. The others segment comprises resonant mass measurement, laser obscuration, sedimentations, and sieve analysis technologies. The laser diffraction segment accounted for largest share of the global market at an estimated $80.0 million in 2013; however, the imaging segment market is expected to grow at the highest growth rate in the next five years.
In the report, the global market has also been segmented on the basis of type of dispersion (wet particle size analyzers, dry particle size analyzers, and spray particle size analyzers), type of industry (healthcare; chemicals & petroleum; mining, minerals, & cement; food & beverage; and others (toners, inks, environmental analysis, and cosmetics)), and type of end users in the healthcare industry (pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical companies, clinical research organizations (CROs) & referral laboratories, and academic institutions). On the basis of geography, this market is classified into four regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW (Latin America, Middle East, and Africa).
The market is segmented by the technology on which analyzers are based such as laser diffraction, dynamic light scattering and four others. It captures their sale into various industries along with a detailed focus on end users in the healthcare Industry
A number of factors such as the increasing application of nanotechnology, and geographic expansion by market players are driving the growth of the global market. On the other hand, factors such as high import duty on particle size analysis in developing countries and the high cost of particle size analyzers are restricting the growth of this market. In addition to this, lack of effective distribution networks is the key challenge faced by market players.
Scope of the Report
- Laser Diffraction
- Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS)
- Coulter Principle
- Nanoparticle Tracking Analysis (NTA)
- Others (Resonant Mass Measurement, Laser Obscuration, Sedimentation, and Sieve Analysis)
Type of Dispersion
- Wet Particle Size Analyzers
- Dry Particle Size Analyzers
- Spray Particle Size Analyzers
Type of Industry
- Healthcare Industry
- Chemicals and Petroleum
- Mining, Minerals, and Cement
- Food and Beverage
- Others (Inks, Toners, Paints, Coatings, Cosmetics, and Environmental Analysis)
End Users in the Healthcare Industry
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Clinical Research Organizations (CROs) and Referral Laboratories
- Academic Institutions
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Beckman Coulter, Inc. (A Subsidiary Of Danaher Corporation)
- Compagnie Industrielle Des Lasers
- Horiba, Ltd.
- Izon Limited
- Malvern Instruments Limited (A Subsidiary Of Spectris Plc)
- Micromeritics Instrument Corporation
- Microtrac, Inc. (An Affiliate Of Nikkiso Co., Ltd.)
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Sympatec Gmbh
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/m8c8lm/particle_size