Leading high level international speakers dominated the Oxford Instruments two day technical seminar hosted at the prestigious Institute of Physics in Beijing last week.
This event focused on practical applications, techniques and advances during a half day ‘2D materials’ plenary session, and many other applications areas.
Expert speakers from key establishments in China, Europe and the USA gave talks, as did Oxford Instruments specialists, keeping participants abreast of the latest technologies and trends in many current and future industry research topics, including:
- Recent Advancements in 2D Materials at Manchester, Dr. Aravind Vijayaraghavan, National Graphene Institute in Manchester, UK
- Nanoscale Terahertz Imaging and Spectroscopy of 2D Materials, Prof. Yukio Kawano, Quantum Nanoelectronics Research Center, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
- Superconductors and Spin-Based Quantum Processors Prof. David Cory, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Exchange Induced Interfacial Field from Magnetic Insulators Prof. Guoxing MIAO, Institute for Quantum Computing, University of Waterloo, Canada
- TEM studies of Nano Core/Shell Hetero structures EDS mapping at the atomic level Prof. Robert Klie, University of Illinois Chicago
- Fabrication of dielectric coatings using Optofab3000 Ion Beam sputtering deposition system Dr. Xiaodong WANG, Institute of Semiconductors, CAS
- ALD applications for power semi and advance materials Prof. Erwin Kessels, Tue Eindhoven, NL
- Structure and properties of graphene and graphene-like 2D materials by STM Prof. Yeliang WANG, Institute of Physics, CAS
- Nano-structure fabrication by ICP-RIE for optical devices Dr. Zhe LIU, Institute of Physics, CAS
Gu Ran, Head of Oxford Instruments China commented, “We were excited to host such high calibre speakers and attendance at the IOP.
This event showcased the breadth and diversity of Oxford Instruments tools to a wide range of applications, and also it offered a good opportunity for the wider Nanotechnology research and fabrication community to meet and share their experiences and vision for the future of this exciting area.
It was great to gain knowledge from leading international experts, both through the presentations and the networking opportunity the event created.”