This article discusses how the SPIP™ batch processing module can be used to perform fast and simple processing and reporting of nanoscale or other microscopy data.
The SPIP™ software module allows users to automatically process a large series of data files, and subsequently reports the results in an HTML or MS Word document.
Features of the Batch processing Module
Users can design their own processing sequences by simply clicking the mouse and applying them on hundreds of images.
This process does not require any programming skills. Further, previously defined processing sequences can be applied on any data window using SPIP™’s unique QuickLaunch technology.
With the Active Reporter feature, customized MS Word reports with complete layout control including individual image results, graphical outputs, and statistics can be created easily. Where a non-paged layout is preferred, for example for quickly inspecting analysis results or for web publication, fast HTML reports can also be generated.
The reports are based on templates authored in MS Word. The Batch Processor & Active Reporter Module includes predefined templates for numerous tasks, such as pitch and step height measurements, calibration, force curve analysis, and roughness analysis.
Figure 1 shows a Roughness Analysis report created by the Batch Processor and the Active Reporter.
Figure 1. Reports generated by the Batch Processor and the Active Reporter.
The Benefits of SPIP™
- Compatible – SPIP™ meets all SPM feature requirements for over 100 different file formats, and can be used across various microscope platforms,
- Accurate – SPIP™ is strongly rooted in metrology and is extensively used for its processing accuracy and resulting analysis and offers unparalleled accuracy and detail
- Easy to use – An intuitive Windows-based user interface in SPIP™ features ‘how to’ tutorials and image examples for a host of use-cases and applications
- Efficient – Users can stay productive with custom-made automation and reporting tools
- Professional – Dedicated software development and technical support team with non-stop focus on delivering the best: SPIP™ continues to be a golden standard in SPM image processing and analysis
- Compelling visuals – Complete visualization tools enable personalization and adjustment of image presentations
- Publication – SPIP™ is extensively used for research purposes and has been referenced in more than 1,000 scientific publications
Download a Free Trial of SPIP™
The Different SPIP™ Packages
Complete package with all SPIP™ functions.
Suitable for scientists and metrologists using SPM’s, 3D profilers and SEM’s working with advanced image analysis, force- and tunneling spectroscopy and who needs for automation.
Medium package with the most standard SPIP™ functions.
Suitable for engineers and scientists who do advanced analysis of image data from SPM’s, 3D profilers and SEM’s or TEM’s.
Small package with the most basic SPIP™ functions.
Suitable for anyone working with SPM or 3D profiler data who wants an efficient platform for data browsing and image inspection
The SPIP™ software saves a considerable amount of time when analyzing a large number of data files and generating impressive reports.
No programming skills are needed, customized HTML/MS Word reports can be created, and predefined batch sequences can be used for many common tasks.
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Image Metrology A/S.
For more information on this source, please visit Image Metrology A/S.