A revolutionary new gold nanoparticle manufacturing method has been developed that results in gold nanoparticles that are optimized for in vitro applications - finding solutions to problems that have confronted in vitro applications for years.
Gold NanobeadsTM are an extension of the technology currently employed by NanopartzTM for nanorods and spherical gold nanoparticles. Using NanopartzTM patent pending and proprietary polymer caged, polyethylene glycol (PEG) terminated coatings, these particles find benefits in:
- May operate in environments from pH= 3 to 11
- May be stored at room temperature for up to one year (accelerated testing has shown 70 C for 2 weeks)
- May operate in up to 1-2 M salt
- May be concentrated to OD 5,000 Charge control, +, -, or neutral
- Significantly reduced non-specific binding
With tunable absorptions in the visible from 515 nm up to 750 nm, these nanoparticles will find use in:
- As multicolored multiplexed labels in lateral flow and dark field microscopy applications
- Any gold nanoparticle based assay in 3rd world countries where refrigeration is not available
- In vitro cellular uptake where charge control is important
NanopartzTM is also experts in conjugating surface coatings to these gold nanoparticles. These conjugations provide the mechanical linkage necessary for many of these applications. These conjugations include amine, carboxyl, methyl, biotin, and neutravidin linkages.
These devices are now available production quantities. Nanopartz encourages partnerships with large suppliers of these products in the lateral flow marketplace. "We are very excited at the potential applications of these gold nanoparticles,¡¨ said Shelley Coldiron, President of NanopartzTM.