Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Nanostructured Materials, Thin Films and Hard Coatings for Advanced Applications" report to their offering.
Series: Solid State Phenomena, Volume 159
Selected, peer reviewed papers from the 2nd International Conference on Nanostructured Materials, Thin Films and Hard Coatings for Advanced Applications, Sozopol, Bulgaria, May 24-27, 2009
This special collection of peer-reviewed papers focuses on the technology, characterization and equipment required for handling nanocomposite films and hard and superhard coatings. It also covers subjects related to the development, properties and methods for the characterization of nanostructured materials for: solid-state electronics and energy technologies; nanocomposite films, hard and superhard coatings, tribological / corrosion-resistant coatings; surfaces and interfaces; nano-sensors, nanodevices and nanosystems, Equipment for deposition and characterization of nanocomposite films and industrial application of hard and superhard coatings.
The book gives an overview of the state-of-the-art of nanocomposite coatings, nanostructured thin films and their applications.
Table of Contents (35 papers, 10 per page listed)
- Search for Ultrahard Materials and Recent Progress in the Understanding of Hardness Enhancement and Properties of Nanocomposites - Stan Veprek, Rui Feng Zhang, Maritza G. J. Veprek-Heijman, Shu Hong Sheng, Ali S. Argon
- Nanomechanics of Coatings for Electronic and Optical Applications - S.J. Bull
- Its a Long Way to Superhard Semiconductors - Christian Brylinski
- AlGaN/GaN Based Heterostructures for MEMS and NEMS Applications - Volker Cimalla, C. C. Rhlig, V. Lebedev, Oliver Ambacher, Katja Tonisch, Florentina Niebelschtz, Klemens Brueckner, Matthias A. Hein
- Some Recent Results on the 3C-SiC Structural Defects - Maya Marinova, Alkyoni Mantzari, Efstathios K. Polychroniadis
- Ultrananocrystalline Diamond / Amorphous Carbon Composite Films Deposition, Characterization and Applications - Cyril Popov, Wilhelm Kulisch, Christo Petkov, Johann Peter Reithmaier
- Structural and Magnetic Properties of Nanosized Barium Hexaferrite Powders Obtained by Microemulsion Technique - Tatyana Koutzarova, Svetoslav Kolev, Kornely Grigorov, Chavdar Ghelev, Andrzej Zaleski, Robert E. Vandenberghe, Marcel Ausloos, Catherine Henrist, Rudi Cloots, Ivan Nedkov
- Deposition and Characterization of Aluminium Nitride (AlN) and Diamond Like Carbon (DLC) Hard Coatings - B. Mednikarov
- Modeling of the Light Emission Spectra of InGaN/GaN Quantum Well with Highly Doped Barriers - Boris Arnaudov, Dmitrii S. Domanevskii, Svetla Evtimova, Chavdar Ivanov, Roumen Kakanakov
- Thickness Dependence of Surface and Interface Phonon-Polariton Modes in InN/AlN Nanolayers - Evgenia Valcheva, Mitra Baleva, G. Zlateva