Ceres Ventures has declared plans to accelerate the development and commercialization of its cutting-edge water and wastewater purification and treatment system called the BluFlow water treatment system, which integrates the company’s patent-pending nanotechnology and sophisticated ultra-purification technology to obtain clean water at a lower cost.
The BluFlow water treatment system is a first-of-its-kind single integrated system that enables highly efficient removal of specific targeted compounds, valuable elements, chemicals and pollutants from contaminated water and purification of up to 95% of treated water at lower operating, maintenance and energy costs than traditional water treatment systems.
The water treatment system comprises customizable nanoparticles that are specially designed to target and extract specific compounds or pollutants based on the quality of water being processed. It provides an economical solution to industrial water users to treat water, while reducing the consumption of freshwater in industrial processes. It enables natural chemical producers for pharmaceuticals, toiletries, cosmetics and food to reduce production costs and increase profit margins.
The BluFlow water treatment system is a suitable solution for thermoelectric power plants, which consume 201 billion gallons of water every day for cooling purposes. The system helps these facilities lower energy costs and freshwater consumption, which in turn reduces environmental impact.
Specific initiatives planned for the development and commercialization of the BluFlow water treatment system include:
- Strengthening commercial protection through the filing of more patents
- Scaling up existing working prototypes
- Devising economical production techniques
- Concluding a field ready second-generation BluFlow water treatment system prototype
- Partnering with well-established engineering firms to instigate field testing and pre-sales initiatives
- Producing and deploying initial BluFlow water treatment systems for field testing and market validation
- Identifying commercial collaboration opportunities