Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "TiO2 China Monthly Report 1210" report to their offering.
On Oct. 18, National Bureau of Statistics of China (NBS) announced that, in the first three quarters of 2012, the gross domestic product (GDP) is USD5,575 trillion with a year-on-year increase of 7.7%. Thereunto, the growth rate in Q1 is 8.1%; the growth rate in Q2 is 7.6%; the growth rate in Q3 gets 7.4%. Even though the growth rate of GDP is still lower than the expectation of 8%, most economists consider it reflects that China's economy is touching the bottom.
During Q4, the fixed asset investment on national railway will reach USD47 trillion while the fixed asset investment during Jan. 2012 to Sept. 2012 is USD54.3 trillion. Because railway's fixed asset investment can largely stimulate investment on other fields, it is considered that it will stimulate the whole economy in China.
In Aug., China imported 11,373 tonnes of TiO2, down by 14.2% compared with 13,257 tonnes as reported in July 2012. China exported 27,947 tonnes of TiO2, down by 22.2% compared with 35,910 tonnes as reported in July 2012. As for the upstream, Z-Ti finished its 30,000t/a synthetic rutile project in Sept. 2012, which will provide high grade titanium feedstock for China. Domestic titanium concentrate ore output in 2012 will increase by at least 20% compared with that in 2011 in an estimate.
For TiO2 industry, customer destocking leads to a weak demand for TiO2. Even though some big TiO2 producers in China raise TiO2 price from USD32/t to USD80/t, the price increase is not supported by the market. As for the downstream, in Aug., China produces 1,107,000 tonnes of coating with a year-on-year growth of 10.6%. Besides, coating brands in China, including some famous ones, are to blame for cheating customers by exaggerating their functions.
- China's TiO2 import and export volume both linger at a low level in Aug. 2012.
- From 2012, DuPont will supply TiO2 to First Coating for five years to support the latter's development in the future.
- Improved quality and price advantage help domestic TiO2 grab market share from imported TiO2.
- After-treatment TiO2 companies in China have both advantages and disadvantages.
- Kronos' disappointing Q3 revenue and profit is indicative of market trend.
- Titanium feedstock import decreases in Aug. 2012
- Output increase and price decrease in titanium concentrate ore cause TiO2 price down from Jan. to Aug. 2012.
- In China, coating output distribution is accompanied with TiO2 demand distribution.
- Some domestic coating brands are accused of entrapping customers by exaggerating products' oxymethylene eliminated function.
- Sichuan Lomon
- Henan Billions
- Shandong Dongjia
- Wuxi Haopu
- Sipeng Chemicals