Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "The Global Market for Nanocoatings to 2024" report to their offering.
The nanocoatings market is conservatively estimated to be worth approximately $2-2.5 billion per annum at present, and forecasted to grow to over $9.7 billion per annum by 2025.
Nanotechnology is a key driver for new and innovative coating applications. The thin nanofilms, nanoscale coatings and nanostructured surfaces (for the purposes of this report generically referred to as nanocoatings) market has witnessed substantial growth in the last decade. Nanoscale (-10-nm to -200-nm) features impart radically new properties to surfaces such as anti-reflectivity and superhydrophobicity.
There has been a huge increase in applications of new coatings technology over the past few years across numerous industrial sectors. The global trend for the coatings industry is for multifunctional, decorative/aesthetically enhanced and service free or low maintenance coatings.
In the coating sector, high transparency, waterpoofing, oxygen barrier function and high-quality performance are increasingly important requirements and have been driving the adoption of nanocoatings. The incoporation of nanomaterials into thin films, coatings and surfaces leads to new functionalities, completely innovative characteristics and the possibility to achieve multi-functional coatings and smart coatings.
The key element that nanocoatings provide is protection-from ice, pollutant, UV, fire, heat, bacteria, marine life, touch and corrosion. These factors cost global industry billions in maintenance, loss and downtime each year and can pose a significant public health hazard. For example, direct corrosion costs account for 3-4% of a country's GDP worldwide. Nanocoatings can significantly increase the cost/benefit ratio of products, providing cost effective solutions and improved performances. Moreover, nanomaterials lead to new functionalities, completely innovative characteristics and the possibility to achieve multifunctional coatings and smart coatings.
Key Topics Covered:
- Anti-Fingerprint Nanocoatings
- Anti-Microbial Nanocoatings
- Anti-Corrosion Nanocoatings
- Abrasion and Wear-Resistant Nanocoatings
- Anti-Fouling and Easy-To-Clean Nanocoatings
- Self-Cleaning (Bionic) Nanocoatings
- Self-Cleaning (Photocatalytic) Nanocoatings
- Uv-Resistant Nanocoatings
- Anti-Icing Nanocoatings
- Thermal Barrier and Flame Retardant Nanocoatings
- Conductive Nanocoatings
- Anti-Reflection Nanocoatings
- Self-Healing Nanocoatings
- Graphene in Coatings
- Carbon Nanotubes in Coatings
- Silicon Dioxide Nanoparticles in Coatings
- Nanosilver in Coatings
- Titanium Dioxide Nanoparticles in Coatings
- Aluminium Oxide Nanoparticles in Coatings
- Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles in Coatings
- Dendrimers in Coatings
- Nanocellulose in Coatings
- Antimony Tin Oxide Nanoparticles in Coatings
- Nanocoatings in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Nanocoatings in the Solar Energy Industry
- Nanocoatings in the Wind Energy Industry
- Nanocoatings in the Aerospace Industry
- Nanocoatings in the Automotive Industry
- Nanocoatings in the Textiles Industry
- Nanocoatings in the Medical and Healthcare Industry
- Nanocoatings in the Marine Industry
- Nanocoatings in the Construction and Exterior Protection Industry
- Nanocoatings in the Household Care and Sanitary Industry
- Nanocoatings in the Military and Defence Industry
- Nanocoatings in the Electronics Industry
- Cleancorp Nanocoatings
- Hitachi Chemical
- Nanocare Ag
- Nanogate Ag
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8gmq3x/the_global_market