Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "The Global Market for Carbon Nanomaterials (Carbon Nanotubes, Graphene and Other 2-D Materials) to 2025: Applications, Companies, Markets and Research" report to their offering.
This is a golden era for carbon research with academics pursuing the perfect analysis tools for these nanomaterials whilst simultaneously evaluating the growing variants of each sub family and how they must be processed to ensure their potential properties are married to the systems they could enhance.
CNTs and graphene are the strongest, lightest and most conductive fibres known to man, with a performance-per-weight greater than any other material. In direct competition in a number of markets, they are complementary in others.
Once the most promising of all nanomaterials, CNTs face stiff competition in conductive applications from graphene and other 2D materials and in mechanically enhanced composites from nanocellulose. However, after considerable research efforts, numerous multi-walled carbon nanotubes (MWNTs)- enhanced products are commercially available. Super-aligned CNT arrays, films and yarns have found applications in consumer electronics, batteries, polymer composites, aerospace, sensors, heaters, filters and biomedicine. Large-scale industrial production of single-walled carbon nanotubes (SWNTs) has been initiated, promising new market opportunities in transparent conductive films, transistors, sensors and memory devices. SWNTs are regarded as one of the most promising candidates to utilize as building blocks in next generation electronics. Other 2-D nanomaterials are also coming to the fore.
This 736 page report on the carbon nanomaterials market includes:
- Production volumes, estimated to 2025
- Application timescales
- Carbon nanotubes and graphene products
- Comparative analysis of carbon nanotubes and graphene
- Assessment of carbon nanotubes and graphene market in sectors including energy, aerospace, automotive, biomedical, coatings, composites, electronics and electronic devices, photonics, sensors, filtration, adhesives, catalysts and textiles
- Assessment of 2-D nanomaterials such Silicene, Graphdiyne, Molybdenum disulfide, Graphane and Germanane
- Company profiles of carbon nanotubes and graphene producers and product developers, including products, target markets and contact details