UTA Puts Federal Funds To Nanotechnology Equipment - News Item

The University of Texas Austin has received $1.93 million in federal funds that it will put towards nanotechnology equipment. The equipment could be used to develop chemical and radiation detector technology that might be used to prevent terrorist attacks.

The funding comes as part of a $10 million award that will go to the Strategic Partnership for Research in Nanotechnology, or SPRING, a consortium of six Texas facilities, including UTA.

It is expected that about 80 percent of the $10 million will go towards highly advanced equipment with the other 20 percent being used for the hiring of specialist scientist to use the new equipment.

Posted 30th April 2004

Tell Us What You Think

Do you have a review, update or anything you would like to add to this article?

Leave your feedback
Your comment type

While we only use edited and approved content for Azthena answers, it may on occasions provide incorrect responses. Please confirm any data provided with the related suppliers or authors. We do not provide medical advice, if you search for medical information you must always consult a medical professional before acting on any information provided.

Your questions, but not your email details will be shared with OpenAI and retained for 30 days in accordance with their privacy principles.

Please do not ask questions that use sensitive or confidential information.

Read the full Terms & Conditions.