Apr 21 2009
CNA understands the importance of patient safety and risk management in the evolving world of healthcare. As one of the nation's leading providers of professional liability insurance for healthcare providers and organizations, CNA HealthPro has produced numerous client bulletins and risk management resources. All materials, including the ones listed below, can be accessed at www.cna.com - click "Risk Control," "Client Materials," "Medical Services."
- Nanomedicine - Obtaining the Benefits, Managing the Risks - explores the scientific fields of nanotechnology and nanomedicine, including applications, regulatory and risk issues, and risk management strategies.
- Pharmaceutical Outsourcing - Maintaining Quality, Reducing Risk - offers suggestions for domestic manufacturers to ensure statutory and regulatory compliance and promote best business practices by overseas suppliers of active pharmaceutical ingredients and to understand the importance of quality controls for overseas pharmaceuticals and ingredients.
- Traumatic Brain Injury - Ten Principles of Effective Care - addresses the 10 basic principles that help aging care service organizations understand and respond to the unique needs of brain injury residents or clients to improve their quality of life.
- Policy and Procedure - Developing Effective Protocols for Aging Care Settings - offers guidelines to support the policy and procedure development and review process, including tools to help organizations evaluate and improve current policies.
- Emergency Department (ED) Liability - Sound Risk Control Strategies Can Reduce Misdiagnosis -- examines six of the most commonly misdiagnosed conditions encountered in the ED setting and provides strategies for enhancing patient safety and protecting organizations from lawsuits and negative publicity.
A proven leader in providing comprehensive insurance coverages to the healthcare industry, CNA HealthPro offers a full range of insurance products for healthcare providers and organizations.
Serving businesses and professionals since 1897, CNA is the country’s seventh largest commercial insurance writer and the 13th largest property and casualty company. CNA’s insurance products include standard commercial lines, specialty lines, surety, marine and other property and casualty coverages. CNA's services include risk management, information services, underwriting, risk control and claims administration.