The PolyBLOCK High Pressure is an automated parallel synthesis platform with independently controlled reaction zones, designed for use with high pressure applications. The PolyBLOCK High Pressure is available in both a 4-reactor and 8-reactor format, supporting reactor volumes of up to 500 ml and 50 ml, respectively, and is equipped with adaptors to support a range of reactor types and sizes, including integration with H.E.L’s CAT reactor blocks.
This enables the PolyBLOCK High Pressure to be used in a wide range of applications:
- Hydrogenation and other pressure reactions within research and process development
- High-pressure screening within research and early process development
- DoE campaigns within process development
- Facilitating scale-up operations
The platform’s ability to support high pressure reactor vessels enables high pressure reactions to be studied, whether that is screening or DoE campaigns further into process development. It also facilitates the exploration of pressure effects on chemistry of interest, increasing reaction understanding and facilitating scale-up operations.
Features and Options:
- Ambient to 250 ⁰C (without external cooling)
- Options to decrease the range down to -40 ⁰C (circulator dependent)
- Separate mantle around each reactor allows the temperature to be controlled individually, with a range/difference of over 50 °C between the reactors
- Indirect agitation with magnetic stirrer bar as standard.
- Suspended mechanical agitation for efficient mixing on small-scale and non-viscous samples.
- Optional Overhead direct agitation for larger vessels.
Intelligent Software Control and Analysis
- labCONSOL software control enables regular data logging, multi-step recipes, parameter control, and feedback loops. The software adds a responsive intelligence to the PolyBLOCK 4 system and still delivers an intuitive interface that needs only minimal training to run quickly.
- Include automatic user-configurable reaction detection and shutdown procedures, to ensure user safety.
- Compact manifold for easy manual purge and pressurisation.
- Automatic hardware and software fail-safes are installed on every system.
- Easy quick-connect solution for condensing and inerting in larger reactors. Seals allow condensers to be removed without cooling liquid spillage.
- Also available reflux and inerting block, with adapters for vials, tubes, and reactors.
- Vessel types are available in Stainless Steel or Hastelloy. Commonly volumes are 16 ml, 25 ml, and 50 ml reactors, all stirred and with separate temperature control. Larger volumes, up to 500 ml are available.
- High Pressure and Vacuum Systems
- Each reactor can be independently pressurized up to 200 bar.
- Individual reactors can be pressurized by Mass Flow Controllers (MFC's) for increased pressure control.
- Automated measuring of gas-uptake during reaction available for both MFC and non-MFC systems.
- Sampling Systems through active pumps, manual dip tubes, automated level control, or multisampling units, like the ASU.
- Reagent Addition through fully automated liquid and gas feeds as well as volumetric syringe pumps. These solutions can be applied to both high and low-pressure systems.
- Control Options all relevant inputs can be logged, enabling automated monitoring and, where appropriate, feedback control of the reactor system.
- Sensor Options
- Temperature, pressure, pH, turbidity, conductivity.
- Integration of third-party probes is possible, such as in-situ FTIR, particle sizing probes and Raman probes.