Directa Plus (“Directa” or “the Company”), one of the largest producers and suppliers of graphene-based products for use in consumer and industrial markets, is pleased to announce that all of its graphene-based products have received international certification from Farcoderm Srl., the renowned toxicity testing organisation, confirming them to be safe for human contact.
Farcoderm is a specialist testing agency that assesses safety, tolerability and sensory aspects of all products which may come in contact with human skin.
We are delighted to receive these certifications following thorough testing from a world renowned organisation such as Farcoderm. We believe we are the first graphene producer to be awarded such certification.
The results confirm that our graphene-based products are created through a process that uses only physical forces and no chemical additives. Our customers and the end users can enjoy using our innovative products in the knowledge that they have been certified safe for human contact.
Giulio Cesareo - Chief Executive Officer, Directa Plus
Highlights of the tests that were conducted and the results are as follows:
- Evaluation of the CYTOTOXIC POTENTIAL of a product: Cytotoxicity is defined as the capability of a substance to cause damage to a cell.
At the end of the study, BASIC G+/GRAFYSORBERTM and PURE G+ were classified as NOT TOXIC.
- Evaluation of SKIN IRRITATION and CORROSION: For these tests, in vitro reconstructed skin tissues were used. These analysis evaluated the cellular damage induced by the substance put in direct contact with the tissue.
At the end of the study, BASIC G+/GRAFYSORBERTM and PURE G+ were classified as NON SKIN IRRITANT and NON SKIN CORROSIVE.
- Evaluation of EYE IRRITATION: This test measures the cellular damage induced by the substance on a reconstructed human tissue model, mimicking human corneal epithelium.
At the end of the study, BASIC G+/GRAFYSORBERTM and PURE G+ were classified as NON EYE IRRITANT.
- Analysis of the PRO-SENSITISING POTENTIAL of a material: This test establishes if a substance is able to activate the immune system.
At the end of the study, BASIC G+/GRAFYSORBERTM and PURE G+ did not show any detectable pro-sensitising effects.
- Analysis of the REPRODUCTIVE TOXIC POTENTIAL of a material: This test evaluates the capability of a substance to inhibit the correct maturation process of oocytes.
At the end of the study, BASIC G+/GRAFYSORBERTM and PURE G+ did not show reproductive toxicity.
- Evaluation of the GENOTOXICITY POTENTIAL of a material: This test investigates the ability of a substance to cause DNA mutations in a cell, phenomenon that could lead to carcinogenesis (whereby normal cells are transformed into cancer cells).
At the end of the study, BASIC G+/GRAFY