The FP-1 vibration isolation floor platform available from Minus K Technology has been specifically designed to separate low-frequency vibrations from scanning and transmission electron microscopes. The FP-1 platform includes two or three Minus K SM-1 negative-stiffness vibration isolators, isolator floor and jack screw plates, and outriggers. The system achieves 0.5 Hz or less vertical and horizontal natural frequencies.
The large platform weighs similar to a microscope and is designed to prevent horizontal-tilt coupling as well as to reduce the effects resulting from stiff cables and hoses joined to the microscope.
The main features of the FP-1 vibration isolation floor platform are:
- Isolates low-frequency vibrations
- Prevents horizontal-tilt coupling
- Achieves 0.5 Hz or less vertical and horizontal natural frequencies
- Includes SM-1 negative-stiffness vibration isolators, isolator floor and jack screw plates, and outriggers
- Suitable for SEMs, TEMs, and STEMs
Vibration Isolation | An introduction to Minus K Technology's negative-stiffness isolators