Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Status of the MEMS Industry 2013" report to their offering.
MEMS market will double over the next 6 years, pushing manufacturers to consider consumer applications in their strategies
MEMS IS STILL ON A DYNAMIC GROWTH PATH, TARGETING US$22.5B IN 2018
In 2012, the IC industry saw a 2% decline, but research reveals the MEMS sector managed another 10% growth to become an $11B business. Analysts expect a 12-13% CAGR through 2018 to create a $22.5B MEMS market, growing to 23.5 billion units. We have identifi ed a number of changes as old MEMS products mature and new ones emerge. Cell phone demand drove strong growth for MEMS devices. Inertial sensor maker InvenSense continued to prove the worth of its fabless model with a -30% increase in sales.
Triquint saw 27% growth as its BAW filters won more slots in smartphones. Status of the MEMS Industry 2013 shows markets for inkjet heads and DLPs have matured, but we see huge growth on the horizon for combination inertial sensors and for MEMS timing devices. Combination inertial sensors are starting to see high volume adoption in both consumer and automotive markets, and will quickly account for a significant part of inertial sensor sales.
Status of the MEMS Industry 2013 report identifies new innovative MEMS devices that continue to emerge. We expect to see a number of them start production, though not reach signifi cant volumes for a few years. MEMS autofocus could come to market shortly. Big smartphone players are now looking at adding environmental sensors for heat and humidity, and MEMS devices could win those slots.
OBJECTIVES OF THE REPORT
- Discover a broad overview of all MEMS applications & markets
- Identify new markets
- Monitor and benchmark MEMS potential competitors
- Understand the potential for MEMS devices
- Know the latest financial trends analysis in the MEMS business
- Get a list of MEMS players and their activities
- Understand new MEMS technical challenges
- Understand the technical evolution of MEMS devices
- Identify possible business opportunities and prospects
- Evaluate benefits of using MEMS in systems
WHAT'S NEW COMPARED TO LAST EDITION?
- Description of MEMS applications: automotive, consumer, medical, defense & aeronautics, industry & telecommunications
- 2012 MEMS player rankings (in general and by device)
- 2012-2018 MEMS market (in units, US$ and wafers)
- New chapter on ASICs for MEMS
- MEMS manufacturing changes
- Covering all MEMS devices & applications (220+ applications)
KEY FEATURES OF THE REPORT
- Understanding of the MEMS markets & players strategies
- MEMS market trends, business and technology evolution
- ASIC MEMS analysis
- Financial trends analysis
- MEMS manufacturing challenges
Please contact our customer services team to inquire about single user license option.
Key Topics Covered:
1. About the Authors
3. Companies listed in the report
4. Key report features
5. What we saw, what we missed in 2012 edition
6. Who should be interested
7. Methodology & definitions
8. Executive summary
9. MEMS market update 2012-2018
10. MEMS players ranking
11. TOP 30 by device type
12. MEMS finance analysis
13. ASIC MEMS
14. MEMS manufacturing changes
17. Forecast changes 2012/2011
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nx7scb/status_of_the