The Mechano Fusion system uses robust mechanical energy to induce mechano-chemical reactions between multiple particles, developing particles with new attributes.
It is possible to make infinite number of particle combinations, accomplishing the requirements of particle design and particle processing of high performance materials in a broad range of applications.
Compared to wet particle composing systems that have restrictions on the materials processed and require drying, the mechanical process of the Mechano Fusion is easy and increases the variety of combinations that can be processed. In addition to combining particles with surface fusion, the Mechano Fusion can be utilized for particle surface control and is capable of mixing materials to a higher degree than currently available powder mixers.
The feed material is charged into a rotor using a fixed press head. The rotation of the rotor presses the powder against the rotor wall as a result of centrifugal force.
The powder is transported to the fixed press head with the help of the rotor wall and is subjected to compression and shear forces several times. This force generates a particle with new attributes. Slits in the rotor wall allow the material to pass out and to be transported up by the circulation blades back to the top of the rotor in order to be processed again.
Particles are made up of a combination of three dimensional circulation and the shear forces and high-speed high frequency compression.
- Control of particle shape - flattening or rounding
- Surface modification, composing of particles
- Powder fusion
- Can be utilized for several combinations of particles
- Dry process does not require drying
- It is possible to process in inert gas such as argon and nitrogen
- Material temperature can be controlled with the help of cooling jacket
- Production of composed particles, high degree of mixing
- Broad range of capacities are offered
- Increasing solubility and masking treatment
- Increasing the flow-ability by surface treatment or composing
- Rounding of anode material for rechargeable batteries to accomplish sintering performance and higher filling rate
- Increasing rechargeability and conductivity of cathode material for rechargeable batteries
- Increasing performance of separator material and increasing reaction performance of fuel cell electrodes
- Increasing coloring of pigment with the help of a ultra high degree of mixing
- Surface treatment of carrier particles
- Rounding of toner, increasing flowability, control of electrostatic charge
- Composing non-organic material on the surface of metal alloy particles in order to increase sintering performance
Particle Design System – Mechanofusion AMS from Hosokawa Micron
MECHANO FUSION system AMS-100F
Principle and schematic cross-section figure
Example of composite particle (Nano oxide particles coat onto silicone particle)
Flow of AMS for multi components feed