H-206 automated fiber alignment system includes a parallel-kinematic design for six degrees of freedom making it considerably more stiff and compact when compared to serial-kinematic systems, guidance errors of individual axes do not add up. The system has higher dynamics and higher reliability and is driven by DC motors.
The alignment system is user-defined, has a stable pivot point and is software-selectable. Positions are commanded in Cartesian coordinates. Macro programming is enabled and has an open source LabVIEW driver set. It has a work space simulation software and virtual hexapod machine software.
The key features of H-206 automated fiber alignment are:
- Flexure based for highest precision
- Includes integrated scan algorithms for fiber optic alignment
- Sophisticated controller using vector algorithms, virtual pivot point
- Extensive software support
- Actuator resolution 33 nm
- Bidirectional repeatability 0.3 µm / 6 µrad
- Min. incremental motion 0.1 µm / 2 µrad
- Velocity from 10 µm/s to 10 mm/s
- Parallel kinematics with six degrees of freedom
The H-206 is applicable for research and industry purposes such as for fiber alignment, micromanipulation systems and optical testing set-ups.