The Model CPX is a versatile cryogenic micromanipulated probe station used for non-destructive testing of devices on full and partial wafers up to 51 mm (2 in) in diameter. The CPX is a platform for measurement of electrical, electro-optical, parametric, high Z, DC, RF, and microwave properties of materials and test devices. Nanoscale electronics, quantum wires and dots, and semiconductors are typical materials measured in a CPX. A wide selection of probes, cables, sample holders, and options makes it possible to configure the CPX to meet your specific measurement applications.
The CPX operates over a temperature range of 4.2 K to 475 K. With options, the base temperature can be extended down to 1.5 K. The probe station provides efficient temperature operation and control with a continuous refrigeration system using either helium or nitrogen. Vapor-cooled shielding optimizes efficiency and intercepts blackbody radiation before it reaches the sample. A control heater on the sample stage along with the radiation shield heaters provide the probe station with fast thermal response.
The CPX is user configured with up to six ultra-stable micro-manipulated probe arms. Each arm provides precise 3-axis control of the probe position to accurately land the probe tip on device features. The sample stage provides in-plane rotation to allow alignment of patterns with stage axes. Proprietary probe tips in a variety of sizes and materials minimize thermal mass and optimize electrical contacts to the device under test (DUT). Probe tips are thermally linked to the sample stage to minimize heat transfer to the DUT.
For increased versatility, CPX options include temperatures down to 1.5 K, high vacuum, load-lock assembly, vibration isolation systems, LNc Dewar kit, higher magnification microscope, vacuum turbo pumping system, and fiber optic probe arm modification.
Features of Model CPX Probe Station
- High stability operation from 1.5 K to 475 K
- Sample can be maintained at room temperature while system cools, reducing potential for condensation
- Multiple radiation shields optimized to minimize cryogen consumption
- Sample stage with ±5° in-plane rotation
- Measurements from DC to 67 GHz
- Optional high vacuum to 10-7 torr
- Optional load-lock assembly
- Accommodates up to 51 mm (2 in) diameter wafers
- Configurable with up to six thermally anchored micromanipulated probe arms
- Probe arms with 3-axis adjustments and ±5° theta planarization
- Cables, shields, and guards minimize electrical noise and thermal radiation losses
- Options and accessories for customization to specific research needs