A strategy or procedure for discharging biological molecules from inside a cell is called cell disruption. It is an important step in the production of numerous biological products, like enzymes. One of the most effective strategies for breaking the cell membrane is high-pressure homogenization.
The PilotGenizer-30K is a pilot-scale ultra-high-pressure homogenizer and cell disruptor from Genizer LLC. It is electric-driven and gives formulation development experts more alternatives and capacities for cell disruption, emulsification and particle size reduction quickly and easily.
PilotGenizer, Plug & Play for Cell Disruptions. Image Credit: Genizer LLC
The PilotGenizer dual pumps system is based on a digital control design and is simple to use, with an auxiliary diamond chamber that helps pre-mix the sample and aids the nano-sizing procedure, as well as a primary diamond interaction chamber that disrupts the cell and reduces particle size. In the sample cooling unit, a 316 L stainless heat exchanger is employed to help cool the samples.
In addition, the Genizer PLC touch screen provides operators with multi-advanced features, such as auto-stop configuration (cycle numbers, set time and pressure) and precision sampling. 316 L stainless steel, 17-4 ph stainless steel, titanium alloy, tungsten carbide, PTFE, UHMWPE, or other corrosion-resistant materials are used on any parts that come into contact with the medium.
Image Credit: Genizer LLC
Features of the PilotGenizer-30K
- Power: 380 V, three-phase, 50/60 Hz
- Pressure: 30,000 psi (2,068 bar)
- Capacity: ~20 L/H at 30, 000 psi (water value)
- Ceramic plungers
- Tools and spares
- Cooling system: Heat exchanger, diamond interaction chamber intended with cooling ports
- Control system: PLC touch screen, digital pressure value, auto-stop configuration
- Diamond interaction chamber (Electro-Polish and passivation for pharmaceutical purposes)
- A warranty period of one year against any manufacturing fraud
- CE and RoHs compliant
- Nanoemulsions, fat emulsions, liposomes, cell disruption, nanodispersion, deagglomeration includes some of its applications.