Anton Paar offers the Nano Scratch Tester (NST3), which has been designed specifically for characterizing practical adhesion failure of thin films and coatings with a thickness less than 800nm.
It is possible to use the Nano Scratch Tester (NST3) for analyzing inorganic and organic as well as hard and soft coatings.
Examples are multilayer and thin CVD, PVD, PECVD, paint lacquers, photoresist, different types of films encompassing micro-electronics, optical, decorative, protective and other applications.
Substrates can be soft or hard, which include semiconductors, metal alloys, refractive and organic materials.
The key features of the Nano Scratch Tester (NST3) are:
- Scratch depth measurement
- Compatible to ASTM D7187
- Feedback controlled force actuator
- Diamond stylus scratch method
- Automated optical microscopic inspection
Optional features of the Nano Scratch Tester (NST3) include:
- An extensive range of indenter scratching stylus.
- Conscan and AFM 3D imaging
- Nano/micro hardness measurement modules
- Humidity, vacuum and temperature controlled
For more information;