The PIFOC features an objective scanning system for microscopy. It is optimized for large travel ranges and optimized for fast step-and-settle with step sizes to 3 µm. It has a compact design and QuickLock thread adapters for convenient integration in all standard micro-scopes. It is ideally suited for 2-photon microscopy and all applications where a large travel range is required. It is possible to set and optimize all control parameters via software. Trace memory helps display the path-time diagram on the host PC. It enables implemented macro functionality for carrying out measurement tasks, even without constant connection to the host PC.
The PIFOC features a high-resolution optical linear encoder for direct metrology with sub-nanometer resolution for accurate and stable position control.
Digital servos enable adaptation of all control parameters on the fly, by software. Control is possible via USB and RS-232.
The key features of the PIFOC are:
- Complete system with digital controller, software and M32 threaded QuickLock insert
- 2000 µm travel range
- Objective positioning with nm resolution
- Highly dynamic step-and-settle for
- Z stacks
- Further thread adapters as optional accessory
- Extremely robust versions with capacitive sensors
Applications of the PIFOC include:
- Confocal microscopy
- 2-photon microscopy
- 3D imaging,
- Laser technology
- Autofocus for large travel ranges