The LPS-24 from Physik Instrumente include a reference-class linear positioning system and features direct metrology with a linear encoder. It has the NEXACT piezo stepping drive, which is high-resolution, has a compact design, a holding force up to 5N, nanostepping mode with below 1 nm resolution, a constant velocity motion, a long lifetime and a drive principle exclusively based on mechanical stiction.
The PIOne linear encoder is optional, based on interferometric measurement principle, has 2 or 0.5 nm designs, a direction-sensing homing track, compact design for easy integration in positioning systems and a patented technology.
The key features of the LPS-24 are:
- Only 24 mm width
- With integrated linear encoder
- with 150 or 2 nm resolution
- Holding force 5 N
- NEXACT® piezomotors
The applications of the LPS-24 are:
- Sample handling
- Positioning of samples and optical or mechanical components for installations limited in space
- For use in research and industry
- Vacuum versions available on request